Nepal Physical Society (NPS) was founded in 2039 B. S. (1983 A.D.) with the mission of advancing and diffusing knowledge of physics throughout the country. Since its conception, the Society has been conducting various activities including seminars, symposiums, workshops and lecture programs regularly in order to promote research as well as physics education of the country. It comprises of all the physicists of the country and abroad. Recently, the Society has also established four newsworthy chapters in accordance with geographical regions to accumulate information about current physics education and ongoing research.
- To work towards a steady growth of activities in the areas of physics.
- To encourage and assist activities in physics directed towards the application of physics concepts and methods in all related fields.
- To strive towards enhancing the quality of physics teaching and research in physics.
- To disseminate the knowledge and applications of physics among its members.
- To endeavor towards strengthening career prospects in physics by establishing various awards.
- To establish relations with other international physics societies for the development of physics research as well as physics education in Nepal.